Video recording was taken from Tales From The Country a Kingfisher Production for Country Life shown on ITV in 2004 featuring the presenter Selina Scott.
Littleport is best known for three things -
1) Speed Skating on the frozen ice
2) Littleport "Bread" Riots of 1816
3) Harley-Davidson connection
As there is no actual port here,and Littleport is inland, the locals or "Little Portians" as they are sometimes referred to have various ideas as to how the village got its name -
1) There used to be an active port here at some time.
2) The Queen passed through it one day on the train and said, "Oh - what a little port".
Actually, Littleport is of immense historical interest because it was built on the main Roman Road and during Roman times was used to offload salt from the North Norfolk coast so the army could pay their troops.